TEDx is about IDEAS and we are looking for the best, brightest, and most innovative thinkers to inspire us with ideas worth spreading. TEDxMansfield will be a world-class event and applicants will be held to high standards so we can ensure a quality experience for our community.
- Speaker topics must be idea-driven. Personal narratives, lectures, business pitches, and other forms of speaking are not appropriate for the TEDx stage.
- Speaker topics while idea-based must also fit the theme and be relevant to the Mansfield, Ohio community.
- Speakers must demonstrate expertise, and where relevant, credentials in the field they are speaking about.
- Speakers may not promote themselves, their company, or a product from the TEDx stage.
- Speakers cannot be paid for their talk.
- Speakers must have 1-2 hours per week to devote to TEDx between selection and the event date.
- Speakers must attend the full dress rehearsal on November 2nd as well as the event on November 3rd.
Before you apply we encourage you to read this blog post about what our curators are looking for as they select speakers.
All interested speakers must apply online By June 15th using our electronic application process. No other form of application will be accepted. Our curators also reserve the right to reject any applications that do not meet the minimum criteria outlined above.
June 15–Speaker applications due | June 29–Shortlisted potential speakers contacted
July 6—Abstracts due | July 13–Selected speakers will be announced